The Government of India has launched the Digital India Campaign to make government services electronically accessible to all citizens. This goal will be achieved by strengthening online infrastructure, improving internet connectivity or empowering India digitally in the area of technology.
The Digitize India program includes plans to connect rural areas to high-speed internet networks and improve digital literacy. The campaign’s vision is inclusive growth in all sectors.
- 1 Digital India Mission Key Points
- 2 Goals of Digital India Mission 2023
- 3 Pillars of Digital India Campaign
- 4 Main objectives of Digital India Mission
- 5 Benefits of Digital India Mission
- 6 Digital India’s Campaign advantage
- 7 FAQ’s about Digital India Mission
Digital India Mission Key Points
The motto of Digital India Mission is ‘Power to Empower’. The Digital India initiative consists of three core components. digital infrastructure creation, digital delivery of services, and digital literacy. Digital India Mission program was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 1 July 2015.
|Name of the Scheme||Digital India Mission|
|Run by||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Launch by||Shri Narendra Modi Ji|
Goals of Digital India Mission 2023
- Developing a stable and secure digital infrastructure. Provide government services digitally. Universal Digital Ability.
- Digital India initiatives are categorized based on program objectives. Digital India’s efforts include:
- As part of this initiative, the government offers several programs to enable a trustworthy digital infrastructure. Below are some of the programs below.
Pillars of Digital India Campaign
- Broadband highway facility
- Mobile phone facility in every home
- Public Interest Outreach Program
- E governance
- e-Kranti (Electronic Delivery of Services)
- Information for all
- More and more IT jobs
- Electronics production
- Early Harvest Program
- Public internet access program
Main objectives of Digital India Mission
- Provide high speed internet in every Gram Panchayat.
- Provide easy access to a Common Service Center (CSC) throughout the area. Digital India is an initiative that brings together a multitude of ideas and thoughts into one overarching vision so that each can be seen as part of a larger cause.
- The Digital India Program is also focused on restructuring many existing programs that can be implemented in sync.
- Objective of Digital India is to provide broadband to every village in India. Apart from this, broadband was to be extended to 2.5 lakh gram panchayats of the country and to connect all the citizens of India with high speed internet.
Benefits of Digital India Mission
The Digital India Mission is an initiative that includes plans to connect rural areas of India to high-speed internet networks. The Public Internet Access Program is one of his nine pillars of Digital India.
- In terms of platforms for digital recruitment, India is one of the top two countries in the world and India’s digital economy is expected to exceed $1 trillion by 2023.
- Corruption is very high in rural areas due to lack of information among the people, but due to digital India mission all the work will be done online, there will be reduction in corruption.
- Students of rural areas often lack knowledge about things like computer, internet, but due to Digital India Campaign, now internet is available with the students of rural areas, from which they are learning about these things.
- Mobile banking is being promoted under Digital India Mission, so that people no longer need to stand in long queues at the bank.
Digital India’s Campaign advantage
Electronic transactions related to e-government are increasing. A 2,74,246 km fiber optic network connects 1.15 lakh Gram Panchayats under the Bharat Net program.
As part of the Government of India’s National e-Government Project, a Common Service Center (CSC) is being created to provide access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Through computers and Internet access, CSC provides multimedia content related to e-government, education, health, telemedicine, entertainment, and other government and private services.
Set up a digital village with fully equipped facilities such as solar lighting, LED assembly unit, sanitary napkin manufacturing unit and Wi-Fi Tupal. Internet data is used as an important tool for service delivery, with Internet penetration in urban areas reaching 64%.
FAQ’s about Digital India Mission
When was launched Digital India Mission?
Digital India Mission launched on 1st July 2015 by PM Narendra Modi.
What is the main objective of Digital India?
The main objective of Digital India is to empower India in the digital sector.
What is the website of Digital India mission?
Official website of Digital India Mission is digitalindia.gov.in.
What is Digital India scheme?
Under the Digital India Mission, India has to be made digitally capable. Which aims to develop India's secure and stable digital infrastructure, digitally deliver government services and provide digital literacy to citizens.