Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana: The Government of India has repeatedly taken steps to optimize the care and protection of its citizens. From bringing about changes in the development and infrastructure of the healthcare industry to providing social security through various subsidized health insurance schemes, the Indian government has gone to great lengths to show concern to its citizens. rice field.
Back in 2015, India’s then-Finance Minister, the late Arun Jaitley, introduced three social security schemes in his budget speech. All these schemes were aimed at providing social security to those working in India’s unorganized sector. His one of these three schemes was Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Yojana (PMSBY). In this article, we have discussed the PMSBY scheme and its overview. Read below for more information.
- 1 What is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) ?
- 2 Key Highlights of PM Suraksha Bima Yojana
- 3 Features of PMSBY 2023
- 4 What is included and excluded from the PMSBY program?
- 5 Eligibility Criteria for PMSBY Program 2023
- 6 Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Helpline Number
- 7 Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Scheme 2023
- 8 FAQ about Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 2023
What is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) ?
As mentioned earlier, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Yojana (PMSBY) is one of his social security schemes introduced by the Government of India during his 2015 budget speech in parliament. The PMSBY scheme is a government-sponsored accident insurance scheme that protects people between the ages of 18 and 70 from accidental death and disability. This program is very helpful in preparing for unexpected emergencies by providing accident insurance up to INR 20,000 at a very affordable premium of INR 12 per annum.
Key Highlights of PM Suraksha Bima Yojana
Here you can get more information about the PM Suraksha Bima Scheme 2023. If you also want to know about the facts related to this scheme, then see the given table-
|योजना का नाम||प्रधानमंत्री सुरक्षा बीमा योजना|
|किसके द्वारा घोषणा की गयी||वित् मंत्री अरुण जेटली द्वारा|
|लांच करने की तिथि||8 मई 2015|
|लाभार्थी||देश के गरीब नागरिक|
|आवेदन का मोड़||ऑनलाइन|
Features of PMSBY 2023
- The insurance is valid for one year and can be extended annually.
- Indians as well as NRI can use this system
- Provides coverage up to INR200,000 in the event of death and total or partial disability caused by an accident
- Annual protection is valid from June 1st until he May 31st.
- To avail of this program, each member must pay her annual premium of INR12.
- An annual premium of INR12 will be automatically deducted from the beneficiary’s bank account.
What is included and excluded from the PMSBY program?
The following are not covered by the PMSBY insurance scheme:
- Applicant’s accidental death is covered by the scheme.
- If the applicant dies by suicide, this is not covered by the scheme.
- If an applicant dies from murder, the system will cover him.
- Permanent and complete disability, i. H. Loss of eyes, hands or feet is insured. Permanent partial disability, i.H. loss of eye, hand, or foot is also guaranteed.
- In case of accidental death or permanent total disability, compensation of Rs 20,000 will be paid. In case of partial disability, compensation of Rs 10,000 will be paid.
Eligibility Criteria for PMSBY Program 2023
Anyone between the ages of 18 and 70 can register to use PM Suraksha Bima Yojana. Both the Indian and his NRI can take advantage of these benefits. However, bills will only be paid in Indian Rupees. Below are some important points to keep in mind regarding an individual’s eligibility for this program.
- You must have a personal or joint bank account in your name.
- Aadhar number is mandatory for KYC purposes.
- If you have multiple bank accounts, you can only enroll from one bank account.
- Joint accounts allow all account holders to join the system from the same bank account.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Helpline Number
The government has set up helpline no. for this scheme. Where you can get information about the scheme through phone. 1800-180-1111 / 1800-110-001 This is a toll free number.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Scheme 2023
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is a type of accident insurance plan that provides financial assistance of Rs 2 lakh to the family in case of death of the holder in an accident or disability.
- In case of permanent partial disability, a cover of Rs 1 lakh is available under this scheme.
- Under PM Suraksha Bima Yojana, the policyholder will have to pay a premium of Rs 12 annually. Only then he will be entitled to security insurance.
- People who live in rural areas will get the benefit of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Scheme. The government will provide insurance to them.
- If a person becomes temporarily disabled, then in this situation he will be given an amount of 1 lakh under this scheme.
- This Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima scheme mainly provides life protection to the citizens.
FAQ about Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 2023
What is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana?
Under PMSBY, you are provided with accident insurance of Rs 2 lakh, for which any person in the age group of 18 to 70 years can take advantage of this scheme by investing Rs 12 per year.
Where to apply for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana?
You can contact any bank to apply for this scheme. To apply in this scheme, you must have a bank statement.
To whom the benefits will be provided under the PMSBY scheme?
Under the PMSBY scheme, its benefits will be given to the citizens of the poor and weaker sections of the country.