Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is one of the most popular and important missions in Indian history. Introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the campaign was launched on October 2, 2014 to honor Mahatma Gandhi’s vision for a clean country. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi receives the Gates Foundation Global His Goalkeeper Award for his Swachh Bharat Abhiyan initiative on September 25, 2019 in New York.
Initially, this his Swachh Bharat Mission campaign was implemented nationwide in all cities, rural and urban areas. This essay on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan provides details about the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan campaign and helps candidates for various exams such as banking exams and government exams.
- 1 Swachh Bharat Mission Key Points
- 2 Campaigns under Swachh Bharat Mission
- 3 What is the goal PM Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- 4 Action Plan of Swachh Bharat Mission
- 5 PM Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Benefits and Effects
- 6 Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Achievements
- 7 FAQ about PM Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Swachh Bharat Mission Key Points
A cleanliness app has been launched under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. Which you can easily install in your mobile and help in keeping the areas around you clean.
|Program Name||Swachh Bharat Mission|
|Launch by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Mission Slogan||One step towards cleanliness|
Campaigns under Swachh Bharat Mission
- Plastic se Raksha
- Swachhta Pakhwada
- Swachhta Shramdaan
- Swachhta hee Seva
What is the goal PM Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’s main goal is to spread awareness of cleanliness and its importance.
- The concept of PM Swachh Bharat Mission is to provide each person with basic sanitation facilities such as toilets, solid and liquid waste disposal systems, village cleanliness, and a supply of safe and adequate drinking water.
Action Plan of Swachh Bharat Mission
An action plan for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is being prepared by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. The vision is to triple his sanitation facilities by 2019. The most important change that needs to be implemented is the establishment of Open Defecation Ban (ODF) India.
PM Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Benefits and Effects
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is an ambitious battle. When it comes to cleanliness, India has failed terribly. Since the campaign’s launch, there have been significant positive impacts on healthcare, tourism, employment, the environment and the economy.
- Clean India has attracted many tourists from all over the world. The tourism industry alone contributes around 6.6% of India’s total GDP. We are seeing an increase in sources of employment. Poor hygiene and cleanliness caused health hazards. This clean offensive improved people’s health and subsequently reduced mortality. every year. Rs. 6,500 per household is saved for health. It also reduced pollution levels. Waste is currently divided into biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste and treated accordingly.
- Under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, more than 62 toilets have been built and 4,340 cities have been declared open defecation zero (ODF).
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Achievements
- This awareness campaign will have to reach every citizen of the country. Under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, the government has so far build 10 crore toilets.
- Provision has been made for construction of toilets near petrol pumps. Work was done under Swachh Bharat Mission in more than 700 districts of the country.
FAQ about PM Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
When is the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched?
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched in the year 2014 by PM Narendra Modi.
Whose initiative is the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan?
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is an initiative of the Modi Government.
Which is the cleanest city under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan?
Indore is the cleanest city of the country under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.